HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation has unveiled a new crossover SUV, the Mazda CX-4, at the Beijing Motor Show (Auto China 2016).*1 The latest edition to Mazda’s new-generation lineup adopts SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY and KODO—Soul of Motion design throughout and goes on sale in China in June.
The CX-4 was made to exceed existing categories and stereotypes. The dynamic design is unmistakably KODO in form and the planted stance and sleek, coupe-like cabin combine to give the model an outstanding presence. Customers will appreciate the exceptional functionality and user-friendliness, including the ease of entering and exiting the vehicle and the flexible cargo space. With SUV-like ground clearance and Mazda’s i-ACTIV AWD*2 all-wheel drive system, the CX-4 is ready to take on a wide range of road conditions and offers a combination of outstanding environmental and safety performance (Sustainable Zoom-Zoom) and a Jinba-ittai driving feel with excellent handling thanks to its low center of gravity.
“The CX-4 is our fourth new-generation model in China,” said Nobuhide Inamoto, Senior Managing Executive Officer overseeing operations in China. “Demand for SUVs here is remarkably strong and we expect this model will play a big part in expanding the Mazda brand in this market. We will continue working to strengthen our brand in China, aiming to become a brand which enriches people’s lives through cars.”
Mazda CX-4 Key Specifications
|Suspension type (front/rear)||MacPherson strut/multi-link|
|Steering||Rack and pinion|
|Ventilated discs/solid discs|
|Equipment||i-ACTIVSENSE advanced safety technologies, MZD Connect*6 car connectivity system, auto-hold function, etc.|
- *1 Also known as 2016 Beijing International Automotive Exhibition. Press days are April 25-26. Special invitation days are April 27-28. Open to the public from April 29 through May 4.
- *2 Available only with the SKYACTIV-G 2.5-liter gasoline engine.
- *3 Applies to models with i-ELOOP. Ground clearance for models without i-ELOOP is 191 mm.
- *4 Fuel consumption figures are measured under fixed test conditions. Customer’s fuel consumption will vary depending on a variety of factors, including traffic and weather conditions, driving style (sudden acceleration, etc.) and use of the HVAC system.
- *5 Applies to models with i-ELOOP. Fuel consumption for models without i-ELOOP is 7.3 liters/100 km.
- *6 The system is called Mazda Connect in Japan, USA, Canada and Mexico. China and other markets use the name MZD Connect.